Thursday, May 24, 2007

Uncommon Grounds

Last night we took advantage of the lovely spring weather to take a walk around the neighborhood. We ended up at Uncommon Grounds, a new coffee shop down the street, for drinks. Tea and root beer were our beverages of choice. I will not bother with a review of the place as this is not that sort of blog, and it has already been done here by a far more adept blogger than I, but it was a great spot for shooting some odd items. That worked out perfectly as I was experimenting with the manual settings on my camera (largely uncharted territory thus far). This spooky deer lamp was my favorite curiosity.



2 comments:

montague said...

I've noticed this place on my way to the subway in the mornings - is it any good? I love the ceramic chickens they have in the window!

Elizabeth said...

I know, love the chickens. I can't say much since I only had a cup of tea, but the atmosphere was lovely and the brownies looked good.