Sunday, August 5, 2007

NYC Half Marathon

This morning, very early, I made my way up to Central Park to cheer on some friends and mentees from my marathon training group in the New York City Half Marathon. Not only were there thousands and thousands of runners, all manner of New Yorkers were up and about early for this exciting event.


It was well worth tramping through the bushes in Central Park, and racing from one subway stop to the next to get pictures of the runners at different stages throughout the race.

Still in a crowded pack, coming up on Mile 3 at West drive and 80th Street in the park:


The road littered with cups after the water station at 57th Street and 6th Avenue:


Making the turn onto 42nd Street in Times Square:


Team in Training runners coming into the home stretch at 16th Street and the West Side Highway. This is the spot where I wore my throat hoarse from cheering.


Go runners!

5 comments:

montague said...

oh it was so much fun! my throat hurts...

Ashkon said...

I love this series of photos! It makes me feel as though i was there for the half marathon. If you keep this up I won't ever have to attend anything...

A little about me... said...

love your pictures. can't wait to see the rest of them. :)

DebbieJRT said...

great pictures! I'm remembering more of the race now that it's over :-)

montague said...

Hey! where have you been??