Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kids in my Neighborhood Say the Darndest Things...

Overheard on Montague Street yesterday evening:

Woman: You must be excited that you will get to be part of the wedding celebration!

4 year old boy (who cannot yet say his "R"s): Well, yes and no. I don't mind being the wing bea-woo, but I weally don't want to weah that suit. It is not my style. It's pwetty ugly, weally.

Overheard on Henry Street a while back:

Girl about 4 years old: Look at my new purse.

Boy about 6 years old: Yeah, so?

Girl: It's Prada.

Boy: I don't think that's a Prada purse.

Girl: But....it's pink....

Boy: Yeah, but I don't think that makes it Prada.

Girl (very sadly): Oh....

5 comments:

montague said...

that is hilarious! you should submit it to the "overheard in NY" blog...

limonana said...

oh my gosh! that is sooo funny! & too cute...i could read a whole book of "overheard" kids in nyc...

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's funny! Writing down overheard conversations is actually a great exercise for screenwriters. Not only does it train you to become accustomed as to how people actually speak, but it also typically yields some really funny pieces of dialogue. I could easily see these conversations appearing in either a film or a book.

Ashkon said...

Maybe even in the next Nepali blockbuster - eh Evan?

bee said...

lol. overheard in the park. a three or so year-old tells her mom:"you can sit on my mat, 'cos your butt isn't too big."