Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Two Peas in a Pot


This past weekend I was walking through the farmer's market and a crate of fresh peas caught my eye. Fresh green peas were my absolute favorite vegetable growing up, but I hadn't had them in years. That did it, I bought five pounds. An hour into shelling them I understood why fresh peas in the pod aren't a supermarket favorite. We had friends over for dinner on Saturday night and these went into a side dish of peas and mushrooms. (Peas and carrots was the other option, but I was told that was too "prosaic.")

2 comments:

montague said...

the peas were so yummy, thanks for making some sans mushrooms!
To this day, my favorite snack are frozen peas...

......................................................... said...

The peas are SO YUMMY...but where is that soccer photo!?