Friday, July 27, 2007

Channeling my Inner Korean Chef

I am a great lover of international cuisine. But there are a few dishes that top the rest, and for me, one of those is a Korean noodle dish called jap chae. I am embarrassed to say that back in the day when I had a job that required me to work late (and allowed me to order in my dinner and expense the client for it) I had jap chae from my favorite Korean restaurant a few times every week.


I really like it that much. Since I left the world of long hours and expensed dinners, I have been missing the jap chae in my life--but no longer!

Last week I made a detour through Koreatown and, after much searching in the Korean grocery, finally found the sweet potato noodles I needed to make jap chae for myself at home. And last night I did it! And it was fantastic! And easy! This is a life-changing development, no question about it. Now I just need to learn to make kimchi, and I will be all set for an at-home Korean feast.

6 comments:

Ashkon said...

For a second there, while having dinner, I that we were in Seoul. Nice job! You'll have to make it again when Naisohn comes to visit.

montague said...

that looks so professional and delicious! We want the recipe! Or a dinner invite!

......................................................... said...

Chi is jap chae?

IRONLION said...

You like Korean food...no way!

Grady said...

How did this thing know my name? I didn't tell it anything. That Korean food looks really tasty. You have many nice photos here. The fireworks came out very well too.

Anonymous said...

Jap Chae ay? I don't know if your photo does it true justice, but it looks kinda delicious. ☺