Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Unsuccessful Experimenting



Taking pictures of rapidly spinning forms are not as easy as you might imagine. The carousel in Central Park caught my fancy last Saturday when we were strolling in the area with my cousins (visiting for the weekend from Chicago). They were kind enough to wait while I took about a hundred pictures, not one of which came out the way I was hoping. I was going for a picture that had a sense of movement, but where you could still clearly discern the subject of the photo. I failed miserably, as the colorful blur above can attest. Maybe I should have increased my shutter speed a little more?

Next time I plan to go in with fully researched techniques at my disposal. I'm sure Digital Photography School has a "how-to" section for just this sort of thing.

4 comments:

Ashkon said...

I'm sure you'll figure it out for next time.

IRONLION said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IRONLION said...

I think the image is kind of cool. I like how the two women in the picture are static, and there is movement in the rest of the image.

montague said...

I agree with Robert! It's a bright, fun colorful picture!