Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sushi Heaven


Last Friday was my husband's birthday, so I chose to surprise him with a dinner out at a restaurant I thought he would appreciate--Blue Ribbon Sushi. Pacific Northwesterners are hard to satisfy when it comes to sushi, but I thought this might do it. What I think I may have done instead is ruined all normal sushi restaurants for myself forever after. It was amazing--from the soup, to the oysters, to the silver cod marinated in white miso, to the sushi and sashimi, to the decadent chocolate dessert. So tasty, in fact, that although I brought my camera in hopes of getting some photos of mountains of raw fish and wasabi, I forgot about it completely until the meal was over and we were drinking our green tea. As a result, the photo above is the only one I have to share.

In other news, I've been tagged. By Amy. And it's an odd one. Who comes up with these things anyway, and why do I go along with them? I have to open the book I'm currently reading (Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali) to page 161, and read the fifth sentence on the page. What I found was:

"The scabies and lice drove us mad too."

Yikes! Not looking forward to getting to that part of the book! I'll have to tag Chelly for this one.

2 comments:

Alissa Moghtaderi said...

Well I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that you didn't take any photos of the sushi! I'd have liked to have seen the presentation. Perhaps that's cause to go back? For my sake?

Page 161, sentence five, of the book I'm reading reads, "Casey never recovered." Forboding, but at least it won't give me nightmares like scabies and lice!

montague said...

mmmhh, sushi!