Thursday, March 13, 2008

Seeking Inspiration in the Kitchen

Usually when I'm seeking inspiration in the kitchen, it means I have the fridge open and I'm trying to decide what I should have for a snack. I'm happy to say that today for once that was not the case. Today I was looking for something to photograph.


It has been a while since I last took my camera out for a walk to take pictures of the neighborhood, or experiment with some new technique I have been reading about, and I was feeling an itch to hear that satisfying sound of the shutter clicking. Since I have been lying low with a cold and sore throat the past few days, I was not about to venture outside where it is still winter.

I never cease to be impressed at the many bloggers out there who are able to bring out the beauty and personality of their homes through a picture of a chair here, a stack of books there, a pair of shoes forgotten on the floor... If only I were a photographer who could make the pile of unfolded laundry in the living room look casually beautiful!



Anyway, inspired by that idea of finding some prettiness in the everyday (and stuck in the kitchen anyway because I was making strawberry sauce), I decided to snap a few photos of some corners of my kitchen. In doing so, I think I found a new appreciation for the kitchen I so often sigh over (so small, so old, so little counter space). Really, it's quite a nice place to pass some time.

8 comments:

leila said...

ummm ... i think you are one of those bloggers! the kind that makes stuff in their home look amazingly beautiful! i love love love your photographs.

Na'im said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
limonana said...

oops! i just accidently posted as my husband...sorry :) what i said was i think you are one of those bloggers too!!!

Ashkon said...

Love the photos.

Sabrina said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. And I have to agree with the above comments- you certainly have a knack for capturing the beauty in everyday objects. Lovely photographs!

montague said...

great collection of items and photos! your kitchen really IS lovely! hope you are feeling better btw...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey question - what are you using to sharpen your images?