Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Little Visitor


When children come into your life, they sure do turn things upside-down. This past week we have been having a bit of an impromptu family reunion and a number of relatives are staying with us. But the biggest impact comes from the littlest visitor. Truth be told, she leaves a bit of havoc in her wake, but when she turns to you with that mischevious look on her face your heart just melts and you are willing to sing Old Macdonald Had a Farm about a thousand times just so that she will keep smiling at you.


I was hard pressed to tear myself away to go to work this morning, so happy were we taking things out of her little purse and counting "one, two, teee...." as we put them back in.



She's also kept it exciting for all the grown ups by leaving little surprises all around the house in unlikely places. A shoe here, a doll there, a hairclip in your tea cup, a grape in your slipper. I'm hoping my keys will be the next thing to turn up.

If only she did not live so far away and we could see her more often!

9 comments:

montague said...

you see? you really DO like kids!!!

cinnamon gurl said...

Ooh that first shot... I never get sick of looking at long eyelashes on cheeks!

Ashkon said...

A grape in a slipper? I'm so sorry!

Sabrina said...

That first shot needs to be framed and hanging....what a sweet moment you captured.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Hi,
I thought I recognized that beautiful smiling face...small world we live in..:)

Unknown said...

beautiful photos and girl!

Anonymous said...

so dear! i feel the same way about the two puppies my mom just got. i have the hardest time tearing myself away from them at the end of the weekend.

limonana said...

oh dear little one!!! she is too adorable for words...lovely photos...i know just how you feel...

Shelli said...

I live one full time, and I often comment to my husband that there's a reason god made them so cute.