Friday, July 31, 2009

Into the Light

Have you ever lost a blog post? Drafted it, added your photos, maybe even checked for typos, and then never posted it? Let it languish among your drafts for a while and then eventually just forgotten you ever wrote it?


That's what happened to this post. Last summer I had a teeny little obsession with lens flare. Out and about on a sunny day with a camera, I couldn't resist turning my lens towards the sun to see what scattering of light I could capture. I collected a few of my favorite shots to share here, and then they somehow disappeared into the morass of draft posts I have going on at any given time.

Finding this unfinished post in the middle of another (sometimes) sunny summer, remembering the wonder of seeing the sun cast its rays across an image just so, makes me think lens flare might just be an obsession worth revisiting.

While I'm at it perhaps I should revisit my unfinished draft posts once in a while too. Who knows what other good stuff might be in there...


16 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love the lens flare- it's like capturing a bit of magic. Oh, these photos are gorgeously magical!

Yes, I too have drafts languishing in some dusty corner of my archives.

Flowerpot said...

the lens flare is just amazing! Good to meet you Elizabeth - talk soon!

montague said...

oh elizabeth, the flair in these photos is just gorgeous! so inspiring! can;t wait to see what other hidden gems you have in your drafts :)

Jill said...

Wow Elizabeth, those pictures are gorgeous. I have been lens-flaring a little myself lately. I think it's just fun this time of year when the sun does some magical things.

Elizabeth said...

Sabrina - Can't wait to see what is in your archives!

Flowerpot - Thanks, and good to meet you too!

Montague - Ha, neither can I. Thanks sweetie!

Grey Cottage Studio - Please share some of your lens-flaring too!

Jen said...

I always love lost items and coming back to them to find something I didn't see before. And sun flare...it's like my most favorite thing. Hope your training is going well deary!

Elizabeth said...

Jen - Isn't sun flare such fun? And the training is going...so so. But thanks for the inspiration!

Ashkon said...

nice to have you back.

Unknown said...

ah, yes...that happens to me all the time. these photos are so wonderful...I'm glad you got around to publishing the post.

Hey Harriet said...

These lens flare images are beautiful! I have lost posts before. Not ones in draft mode but posts that for some weird reason decided to completely vanish on me. Most annoying. It's still a mystery as to what happened to them...

Tina said...

I have done that many a times. I have several unpubbed posts, most are just rants or something I needed to air out but didn't feel the need to pub. beautiful flare!

Elizabeth said...

Ash and Chessa - Thanks!

Harriet - Wow, that is really annoying. Now I feel fortunate that hasn't happened to me!

Tina - Thanks for visiting!

Maris said...

Gorgeous, you can totally see why you were obsessed with it! I have way too many draft posts but sadly, none with photos as beautiful as these!

Fifi Flowers said...

BEAUTIFUL shots... WOW!

Amy said...

Lovely photos and yes, please do revisit the lens flare - I need more!

molly said...

so funny, i, too, am now logging up some serious drafts in my blog roll... lovely photos, elizabeth