Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spotlight: The Uniform Project

Last week a good friend (whose snazzy redesigned blog can be found here) shared with me the website for The Uniform Project, and ever since I have been eagerly anticipating Sheena's daily updates.

The basic idea: Sheena has selected a uniform and will wear it for 365 days straight--an ambitious exercise in sustainability and creativity. She accessorizes with items donated, thrifted and previously owned and manages to take the versatility of the little black dress to whole new dimensions. There are few who could pull off something like this but Sheena does it with great style. As if that's not amazing enough, her efforts go towards a good cause--fund-raising for the purchase of uniforms for a girl's school in India. Read more about it here.

Check out The Uniform Project--you may just get hooked too.






Clockwise from top: Executive chic; Bon voyage at the pier; Cause I'm gonna be a dancer; Friday I'm in love.

13 comments:

Jess said...

I just read about this project a couple of weeks ago in the New York Times. I meant to check out the site, but I promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Ashkon said...

I have a work uniforms that I wear everyday. Does that count for something?

Fifi Flowers said...

FUN photos... LOVE the second one on the top row!

Hey Harriet said...

Wow! That's an impresive thing to do in the name of fundraising! Very inspiring. I must check out her site!

montague said...

I love this blog! I am so glad you are also enjoying it!

Ashkon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

Jess - Thanks for visiting. I didn't even know the NYT profiled the site!

Ashkon - PJs don't count!

Fifi Flowers - Check out the site, there are loads of fun outfits.

Hey Harriet - Pretty cool, isn't it? Definitely check out the site.

Montague - Thank YOU for sharing the link!

Helene said...

Ok, you got me hooked too!

Unknown said...

isn't this fabulous? I heard about it a while back and think it's just so clever and for such a great purpose...

dee said...

I can't get over how creative she is. She definitely has a fantastic sense of style!

Elizabeth said...

Tartlette - Don't say I didn't warn you!

Chessa - I know, so fabulous!


The Lil Bee - It's so impressive, isn't it?

Sabrina said...

Wow- how very cool. I'll have to run over and check this out too.

Jill said...

She is too good. I wish she could take a turn or two in my closet.