Monday, November 23, 2009

A November Collection

In my many hours of trawling the Internet, flitting from one link to the next, I often happen across a photograph, an item of clothing, a piece of furniture or something else that strikes my fancy. Typically I tuck those links away with the intent to revisit them later when I need a little inspiration or a gift idea.

With all the holiday gift lists I see popping up left and right now that 'tis the season, I thought it might be nice to share a few of the things I've enjoyed in the past few months. Things that might be just right for that special someone you know.

For the host or hostess:


For the friend who likes a little whimsy in her wardrobe:




For the many friends who have little ones on the way:

For the photographer in your life:

For the colleague whose desk could use a little brightening up:


For the adorable niece who lives much too far away:


For the husband who owns a state-of-the-art ping pong paddle:

And finally, for yourself, as a reminder of the beauty in the everyday:

(and visit Amy's blog to enter a giveaway for one of this lovely calendars!)

I must say it has been quite a bit of fun putting this collection together. I think I just may make it a monthly exercise.

Note: If you think I might have found an item via your blog, which may well be the case, please let me know and I will give proper credit for the find!

14 comments:

montague said...

i seriously adore that little acorn, and the birdy vase!
and thanks for including me on such a pretty list!

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I would LOVE to receive those beautiful bowls as a hostess gift. So pretty!

Emma - Freedom Creative said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! OMG, those vases from Three Potato Four are so adorable!!! Big smiles.

Elizabeth said...

montague - Thanks for creating such a pretty item to be included!

Julie - Aren't the bowls so graceful looking? Love them.

Freedom Creative - The short fat birdie is my favorite. So cute!

Unknown said...

a beautiful collection indeed! and what a wonderful calendar from miss montague! xx

raining sheep said...

What great suggestions. I love the little acorn necklace and Amy's calendar. Thank you for those little finds.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

ummm, yes please!! i actually have the top gleena bowls and i love them up everyday...lovelovelove your choices elizabeth!

Di said...

I love the ping pong bat case - how cool (and hilarious) is that! A great collection....the bowls are another favourite!

Helene said...

What a fantastic list!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anne @ The City Sage said...

that acorn necklace is too too cute! i have a thing for squirrels, so hanging a little nut around my neck would be a tiny nod to my fave animal :)

great round-up!

Elizabeth said...

Chessa and Tartlette - Thanks dear ladies!

Raining Sheep and Anne @ The City Sage - It sounds like the acorn is a favorite, perhaps I should have snatched it up myself!

Bon Bon Oiseau - I'm very envious of your Gleena bowls! Love them.

Di - I thought the ping pong table was hilarious too.

Sabrina said...

Oh my, that acorn necklace is too gorgeous! Actually everything on this list is fabulous. If he needs any help, I'll just need to point my husband in this direction.

Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That acorn necklace is just precious!