Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Petite Abeille


Petite Abeille: It's not just the name of the NYC bistro where my husband and I had our first date; it's also the distinctive bumble bee design on the Abeille line of La Rochere glassware. A good friend gave me a lovely set of the Abeille water glasses as a gift some years ago, but as a result of some rough handling by movers on their trip over to Brooklyn, their numbers dwindled. I guess I expressed my disappointment a few times (they were my favorites after all, some lamenting was warranted), because today my husband surprised me by replenishing the set! In honor of the happy occasion, I'm posting a photo of the petite abeille. Isn't he cute?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that thing winking at me?

montague said...

oh, those glasses are adorable! The question is: is the husband trying to make up for some 30-inch monster tech item that is headed your (read: our!) way?

Ashkon said...

Let's stay focused on the adorable glasses.